The 1st Consortium meeting of SCORE took place online on January 12, 2022.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the project partners gathered virtually to make a point on the overall status of the project after six months from the kick-off meeting. The meeting was attended by 73 participants, demonstrating the high engagement of all partners in the project.
In the morning session, every partner presented the work carried out within the different work packages during the past months and the activities planned in the next months.
In the afternoon, the members of the Advisory Board made very interesting presentations on some climate resilience projects and initiatives they are involved in:
- The activities of the Coastal Resilience Lab at UC Santa Cruz by Prof. Michael W.Beck
- How to address chronic flooding by the CoCliCo project coordinator, Goneri le Cozannet
- Insight from Citizen Science Low Coast Sensing, by Mel Woods from the University of Dundee (U.K)
- The ECFAS project framework for predicting coastal flooding by Prof Paolo Ciavola from the University of Ferrara (Italy)
- Introduction to the European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability EU-CONEXUS by its Executive Director, Isabella Baer-Eiselt
The next consortium meeting will be held in June 2022, hopefully in Sligo (Ireland), if conditions permit.