Share your real-world experience with other professionals through key learnings and business solutions presented in a case study at the SCORE event during Open Living Lab Days 2023. We’re looking for Living Labs tackling climate change and ocean literacy.
Call for case studies: Lessons learned from the Living labs established to tackle Climate Change and Ocean Literacy
Are you in a Living Lab that is working to tackle climate change and ocean literacy? Do you have an innovative project that has positively impacted your local community? If so, we invite you to submit your case study for selection for the SCORE event, which will be organised on 22 September 2023 during the Open Living Lab Days 2023 (OLLD) in Barcelona. This event will provide a platform for Living Labs to share their experiences and discuss the challenges and successes of projects related to climate change, environment, and ocean literacy.
We are looking for case studies that showcase successful projects that have improved their local communities and climate-related issues to be presented during the SCORE Event during OLLD. Additionally, the top selected case studies will be invited to contribute to a policy brief to be shared with relevant stakeholders and decision-makers.
Please submit your proposal with your case study by 31 July 2023. We look forward to hearing from you!
The call encourages contributions related to the Climate Change & Ocean Literacy
This event focuses on how Living Labs can contribute to the transition towards a more sustainable society. It will explore how Living Labs can help to develop, test, and implement innovative solutions (or by applying digital platforms) to tackle climate change and ocean literacy by involving citizens and stakeholders in the co-creation process. It will also discuss how living labs can contribute to the development of a new paradigm of innovation that is more human-centred, democratic, and sustainable.
What should a Living Lab case study look like?
- Solutions-driven: Make sure your case study is a concrete and real-world example of progress being made on the climate change and ocean literacy and communities;
- Visual: Share images, video, or graphic elements if possible;
- Diverse: Highlight different stakeholders and sectors driving positive change, such as representatives from cities, regions, businesses, and civil society from sectors such as health, biodiversity, transport, economy, and energy, as well as scientists, policymakers, celebrities, local authorities and mayors, government representatives, representatives from vulnerable communities and youth leaders;
- Personal: Show the people behind the initiative, and share at least 1 quote or personal perspective, ideally from a person directly involved in the project or from an expert in the field;
- Short and concise: Limit your story to 1-1.5 page (1200 words max), if possible (considering 3-5 minutes for each presentation).
Price & timeline
The deadline for submitting your case study is 31 July 2023 (midnight CEST). The SCORE event is open to attendees at no charge. If you are interested in attending the OLLD conference, daily and conference tickets will be available. More details about the prices will be released on the OLLD 2023 website soon.
If you wish to register to the SCORE workshop, visit our event page.
Where to stay in Barcelona?
Barcelona is a vibrant city with plenty of options for all sorts of budget, a few steps away from the event venue – the World Trade Centre. From this area you can also easily reach the city centre, as well as the local beaches. Check out these hotels to join us at OLLD23! As Barcelona will be celebrating La Mercè Festival during the same week until 26 September, when a lot of events will happen, we encourage you to book your accommodation in advance. Thank you for your contribution!