This webinar is the 4th episode in the SCORE webinar series!
SCORE Webinar #4: Collecting and managing environmental data: the SCORE ICT Platform
The SCORE project deals with heterogeneous data coming from a variety of sources, that are used for different applications. To facilitate the collection, management and sharing (CMS) of this variety of data, SCORE has developed a specific digital platform, named SIP (SCORE ICT Platform) and accessible at this link.
The SIP will be the marketplace for data exchange among project partners and will be used to showcase the results to stakeholders, scientists and citizens. Authorized users (i.e., partners and selected stakeholders), will be able to both contribute and use the SCORE SIP, while the general public (scientific community, institutions, associations and private citizens) could use the SIP to learn how to co-create and co-design EBA solutions to increase climate resilience in European coastal cities.
This webinar will focus on the design, development, operation, and features of the SIP Platform, as a meaningful case study for data CMS in environmental research projects:
- It aggregates geospatial, documentary, and multimedia contents from multiple channels
- It enriches the data that feed the platform with metadata, according to standard formats
- It offers visual tools for creating maps, dashboards and geostories based on the catalogue of data and documents. These representations, in addition to being published on the platform itself, can be inserted into external web pages and portals.
- It allows a granular management of access rules to content and services, supported by multiple options for user authentication.
- It is based on open-source software which can be used without license fees, freely analysed for quality and safety checks, and extended and modified by anyone.
From a more technical standpoint, the SIP platform addressed in this webinar is implemented on a cloud server and consists of the following two macro-subsystems:
- The Data Hub, which includes the SCORE database hosting all the project data, plus the relevant services (metadata, spatial data, etc.) and interface
- The Sensor Services, which provide a common interface for collecting field data from both institutional sensors and low-cost citizen sensors in a unified format
Date & Time
Monday, 25 September, from 3:00pm to 4:00pm (CEST)
- 15.00 – 15.10: Welcome & Introduction | Laura De Nale (Euronovia) and Filippo Giannetti (Unipi) [Presentation]
- 15.10 – 15.25: The digital platform as the project’s data marketplace | Giovanni Allegri (Geosolutions/Unipi) [Presentation]
- 15.25 – 15.40: The sensor services: interfacing the world | Panagiotis Chatzikamaris (Tero) [Presentation]
- 15.40 – 15.50: Research data management: let’s do it FAIR! | Luca Baldini (CNR) [Presentation]
- 15:50 – 16.00: Q&A and closing remarks [Presentation]
- SCORE Webinar Series – Episode #3: Risk modeling and its role in designing strategies to increase financial resilience
- SCORE Webinar Series – Episode #2: Co-creation and Co-Design – Examples for Nature-Based Solutions in Cities
- SCORE Webinar Series – Episode #1: The potential of Ecosystem-based adaptation in coastal areas
- Developing Coastal City Living Labs
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and follow our project on social media to be kept updated!