This webinar is the 3rd episode in the SCORE webinar series!
SCORE Webinar #3: Risk modeling and its role in designing strategies to increase the financial resilience of coastal cities
In this webinar, we will focus on the development of quantitative risk models and their importance in the design of financial resilience strategies. To do so, we will introduce the concept of coastal city risk characterization, including the definition of hazard, exposure and vulnerability.
We will then cover the concepts of baseline risk (the quantification of economic losses caused by natural disasters), residual risk (the assessment of residual risks faced by coastal cities even after implementation of ecosystem-based approaches) and financial resilience (the design of financial instruments needed to cope with these economic losses, such as traditional insurance, natural disaster funds, insurance-linked securities).
Our invited speaker, Darío Luna-Pla (Akua Capital), will then present implementation cases of risk financing strategies.
Date & Time
Thursday, 30 March, from 3:00pm to 4:00pm (CEST)
- 15.00 – 15.05: Welcome & Introduction | Laura De Nale (Euronovia)
- 15.05 – 15.20: Development of quantitative risk models and their importance in the design of financial resilience strategies | Dr. Rui Figueiredo (RED) [Presentation]
- 15.20 – 15.40: Implementation cases of risk financing strategies | Darío Luna-Pla (Akua Capital) [Presentation]
- 15:40 – 16.00: Q&A and closing remarks
- SCORE Webinar Series – Episode #2: Co-creation and Co-Design – Examples for Nature-Based Solutions in Cities
- SCORE Webinar Series – Episode #1: The potential of Ecosystem-based adaptation in coastal areas
- Developing Coastal City Living Labs
We host a SCORE webinar every two months. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and follow our project on social media to be kept updated!